Wednesday, August 29, 2012

One last time...


I titled this one last time because it hit me that I have done a lot of things for the last time (not for forever, but at least for a little while).  I hung out with friends for one last time, at the beach with the Bronski’s and Medfords, Allison House drove down to hang out, and of course dinner at San Jose’s with Sally, Mandy, and Rachel.  Ate my dad’s BBQ chicken one last time.  Not only did I drive my car for the last time before it got parked for the next 2+ years, but I drove myself somewhere for what could be the last time in a very long time.  On Wednesday I will use the cell number I’ve had for the last 10 years for the absolute last time.  I repacked my suitcase for hopefully the last time.  Gave my wonderful Grandmother what I hope is not a last kiss and hug.  Said my last goodbyes.  Ate my last meal in an American restaurant.  Ate one last pint of Ben & Jerry’s Phish Food thanks to Gina!  I will have been surrounded by the sounds of mostly English for the last time.  I also packed away the last box of my stuff and put it in the extra room at my wonderful parent’s house.  

If I didn’t say a last goodbye to you I apologize I simply ran out of time and goodbyes.  Just know that I have thought a lot about the people who have crossed my path over the years as I packed away all my possessions and attempted to ready myself for what just might be the craziest thing I have ever done.  If you had asked me a year ago what’s the craziest/scariest things I had ever done I would have answered moving to Minnesota when I had never been there and didn’t know anyone.  I find it pretty funny that I’m choosing to do this again, except now I’m adding in a new language.  The next 27 months should be interesting.  



No comments:

Post a Comment